Beautiful areas of Croatia
Selectcamp offers 6 of the top holiday parks in this country. We have campsites located in the areas of Istria and Dalmatia for you to choose your perfect campsite in stunning Croatia!
We offer many top campsites where you can camp in a fully equipped tent or mobile home - we have a selection of accommodation to suit all requirements!
Campsites in Croatia on the idyllic Adriatic coast
Croatia is situated on the idyllic Adriatic Sea, making here an ideal choice for a sunny beach holiday for all the family!
The well known seaside resorts of Porec, Rovinj and Pula have an Italian feel to them due to Croatia being partly ruled by Venice in the past. . You will find alot of Italian cultural remains - the amphitheatre for instance in Pula or the clock tower in Rovinj.
The capital city of Croatia is Zagreb
The official language is Croatian, English is often spoken.
Croatia's time zone is: +01:00
The official currency is the Kuna (1 Kuna = ca. €0,14.), Euro is often accepted.
You must be in possession of a valid passport.
In Croatia you can use your mobile phones, however this might come with a high cost so we advise you to check this before departure with your network provider. Please note: this also applies for your data roaming.
The number for all emergencies in Croatia is 112.
Traveling by car
· The maximum speed limit on the highway is 130 km/hour (80mph). For drivers under 24 years old the speed limit is 120 km/hour
· In Croatia it is the law to have the following items in your the car:
- Warning triangle
- High visibility vest. The driver must wear this in the event of an accident or breakdown
- Please note: if driving through Belgium a fire extinguisher must be in the car and a vignette needs to be purchased if travelling down from Germany.
In Croatia most stores are open Monday to Friday from 08.00-20.00 o’clock and on Saturdays and Sundays from 08.00-14.00 o’clock. Supermarkets are opened from Monday to Friday from 06.00-19.30 o ‘clock.
Croatian national holidays take place on:
· 1st May Labour Day
· 7th June Corpus
· 22nd June Day Antifacistische battle
· 25th June National Day
· 5th August National Thanksgiving
· 8th October Independence Day
· 1st November All Saints’ Day